Leadership, knowledge, flexibility, resilience, ability to motivate, model of respectful behavior, active listener, decision maker, caring person, creative thinker…….these are some of the main attributes effective principals must possess to lead their schools. However the habit of daily principal ” presence” trumps them all!
As parents I encourage you you to ask your child’s principal to consider sending out the following principal presence survey to the entire ELEMENTARY school population. Kindergarten pupils’ surveys will substitute happy, solemn, and sad faces as the three categories. Teachers will read the questions to the students.
Please CIRCLE the best answer
- My principal knows my first name. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal is outside every morning at buses/vans. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal is outside at first morning recess. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal visits my classroom. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal is outside at second recess NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal seems to be happy. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal walks the hallways. NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
- My principal is outside at end of day bus dismissal NEVER ALWAYS SOMETIMES
Parents and Educators : What is your reaction to such a questionnaire?
Your feedback is valued.